Hands-on technical leader practising agile software development and continuous delivery. I pro-actively bring about change, and an inclusive culture of continuous improvement within teams.
Having worked across the board in a number of roles within organisations both big and small, I see systems as a unified whole, to be delivered collaboratively.
Beginning 1999, I designed, developed, integrated, delivered, and operated large end-to-end solutions including bespoke software development, and networks, servers, and internet services from the ground up (long before “Cloud” and “DevOps” became buzzwords). As recently as 2018, I was helping diverse customers make the most of the cloud, as a Solutions Architect with Amazon Web Services.
Skills, Domains, and Roles
- Test-Driven Development with Java, Ruby.
- Creating platforms with container-based microservices using Spring on the JVM deployed to Kubernetes, CI+CD with Jenkins.
- Persistence: SQL with MySQL; NoSQL with MongoDB, DynamoDB (expert), event-driven architecture with SQS, Kafka.
- Expert knowledge of cloud, with AWS (5x certified). Infrastructure-as-Code with terraform, AWS CloudFormation.
- MLOps with python and Pachyderm.
- Business Domains:
- Financial services: securities trading, MIS for microfinance.
- Journal publishing.
- Roles: developer, systems administrator, technical lead, architect, business analyst, salesperson, director, and CTO.
- A triad for success
- The “cost to change” software systems
- (work-in-progress) Learning Clojure with Advent of Code, 2020
- Master of Management - Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management, IIT Bombay, class of 1999
- B. Tech., Mechanical Engineering - Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam; class of 1996
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, 2016
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, 2016
- AWS Certified Developer - Associate, 2016
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate, 2015
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate, 2014
- SCJP - Sun Certified Java Programmer; Sun Microsystems Inc., USA, 2004
- CISSP- Certified Information Systems Security Professional, International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium, Inc. (ISC)2, USA, 2002
- ‘G’raduate Certificate, Computer Science & Software Technology; National Centre for Software Technology, Mumbai (now, C-DAC), 1999
- Principal Engineer, Elsevier (May 2018 till date)
- Past experience: Amazon Web Services, Equal Experts, Intellecap/ISTPL, Rang De, Mphasis/EDS, Cap Gemini (formerly, Kanbay), Blue Star Infotech, Ways India Limited