We who cut mere stones must always be envisioning cathedrals" - Andy Thomas, Dave Hunt in The Pragmatic Programmer
Hands-on technical leader practising agile software development and continuous delivery. I bring an inclusive culture to teams, so they embrace change for focused improvement.
Having worked across the board in diverse roles within organisations both big and small, I see systems as a unified whole, to be delivered collaboratively.
Beginning 1999, I designed, developed, integrated, delivered, and operated large end-to-end solutions including bespoke software development; together with networks, servers, and internet services from the ground up (from when businesses operated their own infrastructure). And, as a Solutions Architect at Amazon Web Services (2018), I helped diverse customers make the most of the cloud.
Skills, Domains, and Roles
- Test-Driven Development with Java, Ruby.
- Creating platforms with container-based microservices using Spring on the JVM deployed to Kubernetes, CI+CD with Jenkins.
- Expert knowledge of cloud, with AWS (5x certified, former Solutions Architect at Amazon). Infrastructure-as-Code with terraform, AWS CloudFormation.
- Persistence: SQL with MySQL; NoSQL with MongoDB, DynamoDB (expert)
- Event-driven architecture with SQS, Kafka.
- Business Domains:
- Financial services: securities trading, MIS for microfinance.
- Journal publishing.
- Roles: developer, systems administrator, tech lead, architect, business analyst, salesperson, director, and CTO.
- Master of Management - Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management, IIT Bombay, class of 1999
- B. Tech., Mechanical Engineering - Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam; class of 1996
- Senior Principal Engineer: Elsevier, May 2018 till date
- Solutions Architect: Amazon Web Services, 2015 to 2018
- Tech Lead: Equal Experts, 2012 to 2015
- Director: Intellecap/ISTPL, 2010 to 2012
- CTO: Rang De, 2009 to 2010
- Manager: Mphasis/EDS, 2008
- Lead Consultant: Cap Gemini, 2004 to 2008
- Assistant Project Manager: Blue Star Infotech, 2002 to 2004
- Senior Manager: Ways India Limited, 1999 to 2002
- HashiCorp Certified Terraform Associate, 2022
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, 2016
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, 2016
- AWS Certified Developer - Associate, 2016
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate, 2015
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate, 2014
- SCJP - Sun Certified Java Programmer, Sun Microsystems Inc., USA, 2004
- CISSP- Certified Information Systems Security Professional, International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium, Inc. (ISC)2, USA, 2002
- ‘G’raduate Certificate, Computer Science & Software Technology; National Centre for Software Technology, Mumbai (now, C-DAC), 1999